These are hopes and dreams for what Apple is building into iOS 6...
* Rich Text in the text editor. I want this for selfish reasons for FTP On The Go. We bought a color-editor, which works well, but one by Apple would work better.
* Allow discounts or upgrades in the App Store. I'd love to give a discount on FTP On The Go PRO for anybody who has bought the regular version. We'd probably give discounts on every app for owning another of ours.
* A system for handling all the resources in an app over the many devices. An iPhone 3GS doesn't need to download graphics that would only be used on a Retina iPad.
* User accounts of some sort. Only show all-ages games when doing a 0000 "niece borrowing my iPhone" unlock code, show everything when doing a different 1234 "me" unlock code.
1) If the notification center did pages swiping side to side, that would allow more stuff and more organization. Notifications on page one, widgets on the other pages.
instead of the way I'd guessed last year, widgets could also be just like a regular icon on the home screen, and act something like Folders do when tapped to quickly show their information, and exit just like folders too. My chopped together example looks nice already.
I like it. Apple would need something different for displaying if a widget could also be within a folder. Newsstand is an example, it can't be in a folder (grr) and has custom UI for the widget layer. But I'd sure like to be able to put all those sorts of things in a folder; displaying how they nest deeper would be something for Apple to figure out.
If it's an icon when "minimized", then everything else for moving and deleting works as-is. Really wouldn't be any new learning curve for anybody using it, no new gestures or swipes to learn.
Dibs on the Flashlight widget!